Visit of VillecrozeVillecroze is located at 8 km from the campsite, in the headland of the Alps in the Haut-Var. This pleasant medieval town features arches, small alleyways, fountains and a church.
Villecroze is surrounded by mountains, pine trees and oaks, and offers lovely sites worth a visit, such as the Commanderie des Templiers du Ruou, founded around 1150.
Also make a stroll through the village’s park with exceptional trees, a few cave dwellings a waterfall and rose-trees.
During the summer, the Saint-Victor chapel welcomes various concerts organised by the talents of the international music academy.
The Villecroze Caves
Villecroze Les Caves are 8 km from the Verdon campsite and are particularly known to be part of the troglodyte caves, namely dug into the rock. These were formed there are 700 000 years, at the end of the last ice age and are witnesses of a distant past. Villecroze Les Caves are located in the municipal park and extend over five levels, all open to the public in season. They have several characteristics such as mullioned windows and loopholes. It is inside caves columns that once were icicles, time has done its ½uvre. Around Villecroze caves we find the famous waterfall, this waterfall that magnifies a park at the foot of the cliff. In addition to all these beauties offered by nature, two ½uvres signed Jean Laugier Dracénois artist, eventually sublimating the scene.